Thursday, October 18

Yesterdays travel-2

Yesterday we left "FunTown" OK and headed for Canyon Lake TX and our friends Terry and Lisa Linder's RV spot in  their yard. I think they came up with a name for it which I do not remember so I will call it LinderLand RV. Yesterday was not a fun travel day. We started seeing rain on I-20 and when we reached Lampasas TX I texted Terry and asked him to check radar and see how much more of it we would have. He said we should get out of it at Lampasas and sure enough we did shortly thereafter.
We fueled up at Marble Falls Walmart and that should get us the rest of the way when we start out on our last leg next Sunday. They say it will be a dry day. We are ready for a dry day, week and month!!
I do have Internet here if I come in the house. WiFi is not strong enough to reach the MoHo but having any is okay with me. I can make it work.
Terry cooked us supper and we played cribbage. A fun night in stark contrast to the day. I must add that I am grateful and appreciative that we did get here safe and sound and I never want to forget that.
Lisa showed us a video of where we had originally planned to stay and the bridge to where we would have had to cross to get there was in danger of high water. The water was roiling and high beneath the bridge. Very scary looking.
Today Butch and I are on chill time-literally and figuratively. Anyway, it is all good.

No comments: