Friday, October 5

On the Move

Butch and I got serious about getting moved into the moho this week. We had to wait for some decent weather what with rain and temps dipping into the 30's but things looked up enough to get the job done. So as I write we are settled into the moho with periodic ventures into the house for forgotten items or to take back items we do not need to take with us. I have really pared down this year and feel like we are traveling lighter than ever. I must give the old guy credit as he has also pared down a bit too. Costco no longer sells his favorite beer so he has decided to travel light and buy what he wants in Texas. By the time we are too old to do this anymore, we may get it all figured out.
This coming week will be about saying goodbye to friends and family for the winter. And in fact, it would be nice if some of them decided to come our way for the Grand tour of sunny (we hope) South Texas.
It will be a very different season for us as we will be in a different park this year after 18 years in Magnolia. The park we are headed for (Trophy Gardens)  is only 7 miles from the old one. Butch is looking forward to playing golf whenever the mood strikes as he will have free access to a par 3 course connected to the park as one of the amenities for staying there. I told him I would give it a try after not playing at all for several years. I am taking 3 clubs which might tell you how seriously I plan to take it. The park we are going to has a trivia night and I will take part in it if for no other reason than to see how they have theirs set up and if all goes well I will put trivia in my schedule regularly. We are looking forward to the change, however, we do plan to stay in touch and visit with the many friends we have in Magnolia.
Our Grandaughter Amanda, her husband Brad and the two Teeter tots are moving this weekend too. They have purchased an acreage in Harrisonville Mo. So we will be anxious to see it. And we are excited and happy for them.

Butch's "hitch itch" is getting stronger by the day. This happens both Spring and Fall and I haven't noticed it abating in any way. So we have one more very busy week ahead of us before the big wheels start turning.
Winnebago Rv As8 Jpeg Png Files Vzwynu Clipart

No comments: