Monday, September 10

Most unusual

OK, Yesterday I told you about a cat on a fence post. Today I have another strange story. Virginia and I planned on walking this morning. And As I neared the gazebo at the end of the trail, I noticed someone sleeping in the gazebo. He had a sleeping bag, a bicycle, and a trailer that looks like a full-time RV thing. Small trailer. One you would pull behind a bicycle. It had lots of stickers on it from the places he has been. It was a well-used vehicle. I was rather surprised to see someone laying there. But even more surprised was I to see a cat snuggled up to this person also sleeping. I thought how strange to be traveling with a cat.
So I met up with Virginia And we continued on our walk. I look ahead on the trail and I see an animal and I cannot quite discern what it is. We came to the conclusion it was a fox and it was far enough ahead that I could not get a good picture with my phone. As we got closer you could see there was a fox and there were 2 of them. Quite a surprise! Earlier in the summer Virginia had seen a baby fox near the culvert where these 2 were standing this morning. So we think that this family has been there all summer. They skedaddled when they saw us and headed into a field south of the fairgrounds.. Those were the only living things we saw on the trail this morning. All of them unusual.
Back to the cat. When I turned around and came back home I noticed that the cat was missing but the person was still sound asleep. So I'm not so sure this is a person traveling with a cat. I'm thinking maybe it's a neighborhood cat that found this warm spot to sleep. Even more strange. I think I will take my camera for tomorrows walk.

Also this morning I was reminded of a feature in Windows 10 that many people do not know they have or like me, they forgot they have it. I used the program to dictate this entry.
Here is more info about it.

How to Use Dictation in Windows 10 

Did you know that beginning with the Windows 10 Version 1709 (April 2018 Update) it’s easier than ever to use your voice to take a note, write your thoughts or it’s now easier than ever to take a note, write an email or even write a story or an essay, just by using your device’s microphone and your voice?
To use the new and improved dictation feature in Windows 10 Version 1709 (April 2018 Update) and newer versions of Windows 10, press and hold down the Windows Key and tap the H key, then place your cursor in (almost) any text field and start talking. It works with almost any app including MS Word, WordPad, and Gmail.
Here’s an example of Windows 10 Dictation being used with MS Word. See?

Above: You can see Windows Dictation is “Listening…” and in Word, you can see what I’ve dictated. You can add punctuation by saying comma, period, etc.  And you’ll find that the more you use Windows Dictation, the better it does at understanding your voice.
When you’re done dictating just say “Stop dictating”.

No comments: