Sunday, September 9

Car fixed and Party time!

Butch took the car to Stew Hanson Hyundai in DesMoines to get a warranty job done on the car. As luck would have it they were still missing a part so they sent him home with a loaner car. A 2018 Hyundai Elantra. Don't want to trade for one of those. Actually, as long as we are towing we don't want to trade for anything. I think that was on Thursday. As I look back there were all kinds of things I wanted to remember to tell you.
So we'll see how it goes. With the rainy week it was hard to get a walk in but we managed a few days. I think it was Wednesday when Virginia and I walked and on the way home I saw a guy or gal sleeping on a couch outside a church near the trailhead. I didn't notice him or her until I was walking home. I took a picture with my phone. With my camera, it would have been much better but here it is.
This was at 7:30 AM


One of the cartoon clips this week that held a special meaning for me.

Friday we went down to Jack and Jan Tallmans so Butch could mow and then we could party. We had so much fun playing cribbage with the Tallmans and Marv and Judy Smith that we all wanted to repeat it. It was just as much fun.
Backing up a bit on Tuesday night the McQuillens had us over for a deck party. It was supposed to happen on Labor Day but it rained out so we tried Tuesday night but it rained again. We had to move the deck party inside and it worked out. We had a really good time despite the downpour. The party commenced at 4:30 and didn't break up until after 8:00. That is always a sign of a good time.

Butch went to Des Moines on Saturday morning to pick up our car and return the loaner. Saturday evening we went to Paton to eat supper at 209 Main in Paton. The food was quite good as it usually is. Butch had Broasted Chicken Breast and I had Chicken Alfredo. It was very tasty.
On the way up to 209 Main, Butch and I saw a cat sitting on a fence post. This was 2-3 miles out in the country. It was sitting there watching the traffic go by, The nearest house was quite a distance.
We remarked that neither of us had seen that before.
Today we hosted a biscuit and sausage gravy breakfast for 16 members of our Deja Vu group. We ran it for any time after 8:00 am. It really worked well with people trickling in and leaving when ready. Much easier than trying to seat everyone at the same time in our tiny home.
 Flower of WWII

No comments: