Friday, August 10

Rough Week

It has been a rough week. Butch and I have had a rough week because of a virus. He got it first. Lots of coughing. No exaggeration. Lots and lots of coughing and feeling crappy. This is the first day I have felt even halfway decent.
My sister Theresa is having open heart surgery in DesMoines as I write this and due to the virus mentioned above, I cannot be there. She is very much on my mind. It is a risky surgery but without it, there is no life at all. So I am very much hoping she can catch a break, a big one and have several more years of doing the things she loves to do.
Trivia night at the Elks was great. We had a breakthrough with 3 teams, so it is growing and everyone is having a good time. They think I am being too hard on them so I am considering backing off a bit next week. Hmmmm.
Thursday nights trivia was good. We came in 3rd after winning a tiebreaker question. The question being "Of the coins minted in 2005 what percentage was actually copper in a penny." The idea on a tiebreaker is who was closest and we seem to do well with those. Our answer was 8 and we do not know what the other team chose but it is 2.5% for those who like to know.

And now for something completely different...well, maybe not.
I have snapped a few photos lately and here they are:

Dove


I took this shot because I saw a wren in the area and it was "I hope I got it " moment. I didn't get it but liked the photo.

Baby wren I thought might be in the one above. It wasn't.

Robin bathtime.

No comments: