Friday, February 9

The Day of the Bee's

Almost a week ago I was cooking roasted vegetables in my NuWave oven. It was warm enough to have the windows open, a very pleasant day. I started noticing bee's gathering around the windows. 3 or 4 of them around every open window and the door. I closed the windows and then there were ever more gathering at the door with some of them finding their way inside. Soon it became alarming because of the number of them. Finally, we managed to get the door shut, turned off the oven and they went away.
My roasted vegetable recipe
 5 or 6 medium Yukon gold potatoes, cut into chunks
2 large sweet onions, chunked
3 large carrots peeled and chunked
2 T. olive oil
splash of balsamic vinegar
seasoned salt to taste

Place in medium to large bowl and stir until well coated. Place in shallow pan and roast at 350 to 400 degrees until browned and tender. In Nuwave 30 minutes in conventional oven may take longer

The bee's think this recipe is yummy.

No comments: