Friday, January 12

Face of the Earth

No, I did not fall off the face of the Earth. It might seem like it. I have been busy doing what I want to do when I want to do it. I am reminded of a line from the TV show Will and Grace. When one of the actors says, "I am sorry I'm late. I got here as soon as I wanted to." I love the truth of that line.

When we came south I was told by Dr. Poag to get a spot on my forehead looked at when we got here. So I jumped through all the hoops to make that happen. I was waiting for a phone call from the clinic we are associated with here and it didn't happen. I kept telling myself I would call them but kept not remembering it at the right time. I was waiting to find out when I had an appointment with the dermatologist in McAllen. Day before yesterday the dermatologist's office called me to see if I was coming ...I think. I am still not sure why they called for sure but they did tell me I had an appointment yesterday at 8:30 AM. Fortunately, we did not have any conflicts and kept the appointment. I was seen by a P.A. That was okay by me. She froze 10 spots on my face and one on my arm. So I should be set now until Spring when we are back in Iowa.

I am doing computer business differently this year. No formal classes. This year I am making one on one appointments and helping where I am needed. It is working out fine.

I am doing a trivia event on Sunday nights. I am using the same format as we have on Thursday nights at Hy-Vee in Iowa.  I would rather be on the receiving end but people are enjoying it and it keeps the old brain cells jingling around. I am saving all the questions I use so maybe we could have a home trivia party next summer.

Butch has fewer pool events this season. Their pool players are dwindling. It seems to be a valley-wide problem as well. So he still plays every night from 6-8 here but the traveling to other parks is down to one league. He is okay with that because he now gets to play cribbage and shuffleboard more often.
Til next time...


No comments: