Friday, December 15

A personal slant

Trying to keep both blogs current has always been a challenge but as the years creep up that pressure increases. For the most part, it is a happy stress meaning I am busy and there is much to write about. Finding time to do justice to both blogs is the root of the conflict.

If you are longtime readers you are familiar with the term Ropa Usada. In Spanish, it means used clothing. And there are warehouses down here where bales of used and donated clothing from all parts of the US end up. And there are people here who enjoy sorting through these unleashed bales for all kinds of bargains. It is sold by the pound and that price has increased in the 17 years we have been coming down here. It used to be 25 cents a pound or even less. I do not know what it is now but under 50 cents somewhere is my guess.
A few years back I asked these bargain hunters to look for dress up clothes for Elise and they obliged in a big way. So before we came down Jason asked about hooded sweatshirts. Being a welder they do not last long and can be expensive when you need to replace them frequently. So I put the bargain hunters to the challenge. We are up to 22 at a cost of about a dollar apiece!  Last night Irma was asking me how many more were needed and Jason has not yet said stop because the guys at work want in on the deal.
 It is funny how your mind hones in on something. Perhaps an hour after my conversation with Irma a woman walked by with a hooded sweatshirt on and Irma said, "You don't suppose she would want to give it up, do you?" It took me a few seconds to get it but then I laughed. She is seeing sweatshirts wherever she goes. Here are 8 of them.

No comments: