Saturday, September 9

Thursday's ride

Added note: I started this post below in a timely manner but then promptly forgot that I had not finished it. My friend Colleen is in Jefferson for a few days and staying in our motorhome. So great to see her and walk the trail with her again. She lives in Punta Gorda FL but has been visiting her daughter in Cincinnati and is quite fortunate in that with the hurricane bearing down on her home. At this writing, we do not know the outcome and she is not sure if she will have a home to go back to.

I have noticed on more than one occasion that if I stop and just stand for about 5 minutes and look all around me that there is always a plethora of things to see that you miss when you are riding like the wind. I saw a mink cross the path today. He would not pose for a pic. Darn it.

These butterflies have almost taken over the bike trail. They are not Monarchs. I am not sure what they are but I do know there are a LOT of them.

This vine is draped over an old tree stump. I would be glad to know what they are too.






No comments: