Saturday, March 19

Worst weekend and spaghetti squash

If you happen to not be a sports fan, this is one weekend of the year when you need to find other manners of entertainment. There are other weekends like it but this is one of the worst in my opinion.
So I decided to get creatively cooking. I had a spaghetti squash sitting on the counter for a week or so waiting for my creativity to kick in. You see the hold up is that Butch has made it clear on more than one occasion that he will endure spaghetti squash if he has to but it is far from what he considers the real thing. So I stabbed the squash for an air vent, placed it in the microwave and cooked it for 15 minutes. In the meantime, I sauteed some green pepper and onion chunks in a small amount of olive oil, added a partially drained can of chicken chunks letting it reduce. Then I sliced open the spaghetti squash and removed the seedy center. It had cooked perfectly and formed its strands as hoped. Not sure what I planned to do, I decided to use only half to see if it turned out okay. So I placed the fluffed up spaghetti strands from half the squash in a bowl, added half the chicken mixture along with a mixture of 1/4th cup sour cream and 1/4th alfredo sauce from a jar. Mixed all together and tasted it. I thought it was quite tasty so I placed it in a 8 x 8 pan, sprinkled the top with shredded cheese. Baked it in the NuWave oven at 350 degrees for 7 minutes. It was a hit with both of us! So I decided to make up the other half for future use.
As I was enjoying this tasty meal I thought I needed to get it recorded. However, I was aware that writing it in recipe form was going to be too much of a challenge and that is how this post came about. I am very much looking forward to the second half. Yum!

No comments: