Sunday, November 8

Settled in

We have settled in. It always takes me a while to get my nest all fluffed out and ready for a 5 month stay. This morning I wanted to make some muffins and I knew for a fact I had put my blender somewhere but for the life of me I could not remember where. So I took our super duper LED flashlight and went on a search. I soon found it. Still haven't made the muffins yet but that is another story.

A cold front made its way through south Texas and the high today will be 70 degrees. Ever since we had arrived the weather has been extremely hot and humid so this cold front has been feeling kinda good. It was also good that we could turn off the AC!

Bill and Kay arrived and knowing what it takes to get settled in we have given them space. They are now ready for company so we have had a nice visit or two the past couple of days.

November is a quiet month here. The traffic is lighter and all in all, more of a laid back feel. Butch and I made our first foray to H.E.B. yesterday. It is so refreshing to be met with friendly faces. The local people are glad to see us and that makes you feel good. I came across a lady with several children and she was teaching them comparison shopping. They were buying oatmeal. I asked her and her girls what was the best buy.(Mom's Best $1.28)  She asked where we were from. She said she had moved back here from northern California having grown up in this area. And then in another isle an older lady was not paying attention and turned around about bumping into me. I smiled and said, "Whoops". She was very apologetic and I assured her I was not upset in the least. For some reason, the friendliness, and accommodating attitude reminded me why we like Texas. And H.E.B. is still my favorite grocery store in the entire U.S. of A.

We have some pretty pigeons in our park. Camera shy, however.




No comments: