Friday, August 28

Raining Buckets

Wish I had been quicker with my camera. A gray-haired fellow just rode by on his bicycle with a black garbage bag for a raincoat. Simply had to share!
It is raining buckets! The guy on the bicycle could be in danger of drowning.

Colleen and I text each other if either of us have a reason we cannot meet at 7:00. This does not happen often. Neither of us texted this morning. We knew that walking was out of the question.

We received word yesterday that our friends the Linders who were recently here for a visit have purchased a property in the Canyon lake Texas area to set up an RV situation like we have here in Jefferson. They have been looking for a long time for just the right place. Judging from the pictures they have definitely found it. I am sure they are excited and we are excited for them.

Butch will be playing in a 3-course golf tournament tomorrow along with Jason, another guy and maybe Leo? I am not sure if they were able to get Leo talked into it or not. I have been preoccupied with my own plans. Each summer I plan a "Women of Zimmerle" gathering. My mother's maiden name was Zimmerle and each of the women attending will also have a Zimmerle connection. I hope I remember to get some pictures this year. I often get caught up in the fun and forget. It might be an age thing.

No comments: