Wednesday, August 12

Popular Muffins

I found this recipe in a publication that we get in the mail. A link to the online version is below the recipe. I happened to have ripe bananas on hand when I read the recipe and thought it was a good way to use them. I have now made it twice more and it is a hit each time. And it is easy!
The changes I made:
I used dried cherries instead of blueberries because I had them on hand. I have silicone muffin molds that I really like because they do not stick. I do spray them as an added precaution.
My baking powder was old so I doubled it.
muffinsc.JPG

Banana oat Greek yogurt muffins
Ingredients
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 ripe bananas
2 eggs
2 cups rolled oats
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup brown sugar
blueberries
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and prepare muffin pan by spraying with cooking spray or lining with cupcake liners. (You may want to spray cupcake liners with spray so they don’t stick to the liners).
2. Put all ingredients except blueberries into a blender or food processor and process on high until oats are broken down and it becomes a smooth and creamy batter.
3. Pour batter into prepared muffin tins.
Push 5 or 6 blueberries into each filled muffin cavity and bake for 15-20 minutes until tops are set and a toothpick comes out clean. Let muffins set 5-10 minutes before removing and placing on a cooling rack. Makes 12.
Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container or baggie.

No comments: