Wednesday, July 1

Between the rain drops

We have had several projects going this Spring and I must say I am glad they are winding down. I do have some others in mind, but it will not break my heart if they need to wait till next summer. Today I painted the chairs and table we bought at the auction a week or so ago. Then I painted the front door railings that Butch had put together earlier in the Spring. I have a few pictures of the things we have done or partly done.
 The painted tube in the lower left is waiting for its two partners. When we went to Sebring Florida, Jerilyn spotted an art piece at a museum and we decided to duplicate it. I asked the artists I know to paint a section of pipe for me. Jerilyn has finished hers as you see. I am still waiting for Colleen and Jason. Artists cannot be hurried and I have learned that over time. It extinguishes their creative process. So I am patiently waiting...;-)
 I worked on the chairs today and I am quite pleased with how they turned out

Below is the backyard from a different angle than I usually use.
 This is the latest flower bed and my emphasis is low maintenance.

 I have been asked who did the ironwork on the back steps and the answer is it is pieces from a wrought iron railing that used to grace the front steps. I like to use what we have if I can make it work.

No comments: