Wednesday, October 8

Blood Moon Experience

I woke up at 4:30 am and checked out the moon and it was starting to eclipse so I popped outside for a better view forgetting that the door can be opened from the inside but remain locked when it is closed. Fortunately I was able to tap on the window and get Butch's attention. He rescued me. We both dressed for the viewing in winter coats and hats and watched the moon become a blood moon from our backyard where we had a perfect view of it. I tried to get good photos but it did not happen so I said surely my cousin Howard who is an excellent photographer will put some great pictures on Facebook as he usually does and then I will "snip" them. So far he hasn't but this lady in Port Aransas Texas did so I "snipped" her pictures. Our moon had the sliver of light more evenly on the right side. That too was interesting.


And then...we went back to bed and slept for a couple more hours.

No comments: