Wednesday, August 6

Mundane

Now that I have given you lots of info, posts to read and things to look at I will bring you back to everyday life for us. Russ and Tyson came back yesterday and got one day in before the rain put a stop to things today. So Butch is reading and I am posting.
Sunday I was pretty well shot after the 40 mile ride. On Sunday morning we being Keri, Sherri and I rode our bikes out a ways past the bridge and back to Jefferson meeting up with Colleen for our walk. Colleen now has a bike but she is not ready to hit the trail. Her bike is a twin to the Schwinn Butch has in Texas so she has a super duper bike. I was amazed at how well that bike rides. Very smooth. I am still partial to my Raleigh however. That being said I would not have counted the ride out and back to be one of my favorites. Same with the walk. I had a bad case of 40 mile hangover and it was Monday before I felt like my normal self.

On Monday I rode with Mickey to Minnesota to pick up the remainder of her things that would not fit in her previous load. It was a quick trip up and back and she now has all her possessions in her place in Jefferson. She gave me a tour of Alden Minnesota and it is a very clean, well kept and pretty little town.

Tuesday I spent getting caught up on the blog...mostly. Then in the late afternoon we had a gathering at one of the deja vus, Pat Limberg Rusnak, for a special meeting with one of Butch's classmates from Olympia,Washington-Diane Bryan Rae. Butch and I had not seen Diane since high school and she is much the same high energy, fun person she was then. Diane and her dog Max had traveled from Washington to Georgia and back through Iowa on her return trip home. We had a great time and visited past dark. That is pretty good considering our advanced years...ahem.

So now it is Wednesday and raining buckets...This too shall pass.
Till next time!!

No comments: