Sunday, July 27

Time passes!!

Last post was Friday. That is how quickly time can slip through your fingers. Keri has joined Colleen and I on our morning exercise/therapy/meditation sessions the past two mornings. I sure miss it when this morning routine comes to an end in the fall. My self discipline in other parts of the country and in our travels is not as strong as it is here. But I do the best I can!
This morning a fellow rider on the trail pointed out a Mama deer and her babies on the other side of the river at the bridge. I was able to get a picture but without my assistance in finding it it may be difficult to pick out of all the greenery.
Clue-lower center
Yesterday the JIGS met at the Hotel Pattee in Perry for lunch and conversation. The next one will in September at 209 Main in Paton Iowa. For those who do not know 209 Main is the name of the restaurant. Paton is a town of less than 300 people but you need to call for reservations or have a 2 hour wait to be seated. Its a success story beyond the imagination. Butch and I went for our anniversary celebration. The food is oh-so-yummy and we are up for a return trip anytime.
Here is a website where you can learn how it all came about.
http://www.iowalivingmagazines.com/2013/07/10/small-town-surprises/#comment-52510

Friend Mickey is getting settled in Jefferson. It will soon be time to welcome her with an official celebration. As soon as we have our extra space completed I have lots of plans to enjoy the company of different groups of our friends.
Next time I will get some update on the room pics for you.

No comments: