Monday, June 2

Single minded

We do seem to be single-minded with stuff getting done around our little cottage.
I saw this project in a Lowes magazine we get and decided it was something I wanted to do.
Here is the website for it.
http://www.lowes.com/creative-ideas/lawn-and-garden/birdbath-planter-urn/project

And here is my finished project:

Of course mine does not look as cool as the one in the link but then I just planted it today. I have hopes for it when it becomes established. It was surprisingly easy and fairly inexpensive (around $25). Its home will be in the backyard when the room is finished but for now I want it out of harms way.

Butch, Jason and myself are working on getting Gary's tires on his camper in working order so he can have a safe trip home with it when he takes it back to Missouri. He has plans to take his grand kids camping. They will so love it!

We have been getting timely rains so Butch has been busy mowing. Before you feel sorry for him, remember he loves to mow!! 
And I have had some happy news- My lifelong friend Mickey will be moving to Jefferson! We have been friends since grade school. She qualifys as a JIG (Jefferson Iowa Girl) so she is adding to the number of returnees coming back to the old home town.

I also have some trail pics from today's walk. 
The old elevator is still running.

 This plant intrigues me and no I do not know what it is.
These two walk their dogs every morning around 6:30 AM

June on the trail


Me and my shadow...

And finally...this is where the construction project is on June 2nd, 2014.


No comments: