Thursday, October 24

Llano Texas- Arrival

We are in Llano Texas. Arrived about 2:30 this afternoon. We are parked, paid and settled in. We went to the grocery store. Always a strange experience in different parts of the country. This area caters to hunters and a quick glance at the grocery store parking lot tells you that right off with all kinds of camouflaged items displayed for sale.
Our trip  down was fairly uneventful  with a few tense moments on I-820W where we were looking for an exit  onto I-30W a midst   an extreme amount of construction. A few tense miles but we got through it unscathed.
This is a pretty part of Texas. We came by the Baby Head Cemetery and I was reminded that I had been wrong as to the origin of it. I assumed it was a family name and where they buried their young when in fact it was an Indian who murdered a white settlers baby, beheading it and taking the head to the top of a nearby mountain which is named oddly enough Baby Head Mountain. We found this information the last time we visited this area and I could not remember if I had filled you in or not. Maybe you didn't want to be filled in about such a grisly act but then it is close to Halloween.
Butch is at the driving range trying to "fix" his game.

1 comment:

The Bright's said...

We really enjoyed our stay at South Llano SP. Where you at?