Sunday, August 11

Family Connections

Butch and I rode our bikes out to Roger Conant's place for a family reunion, Zimmerle connected. Roger was married to my late cousin Sharon Zimmerle Conant. Roger and their daughter Joanna host a family gathering each year for that particular branch of the Zimmerle clan. My mother and their father/grandfather were siblings. Roger lives on the bike trail which makes riding out there seem like a good idea. It is approximately 4 miles so it makes an 8 mile round trip.
We had a great time as we always do. I think next year I will try to encourage a bit more involvement of my siblings and offspring. We all need to know our connections.
Here are some photos my cousin Howard Zimmerle, a great photographer, took of us.
My cousin Bill Zimmerle and his granddaughter. Howard photoshopped the American Gothic background. I told you he was good.

My cousins Bill, Phyllis and Howard.

A rare photo of us. Rare you say? What is rare about it? I like it and that is why it is rare!

No comments: