Tuesday, July 9

Some decisions

I had stayed away from the Jefferson Telephone Company and their Internet service because of misconceptions. When we first came back I stopped in and talked to them at the front desk about their fees and was greatly disappointed. But today I decided to call them and see if I could compare their rates as an apples to apples deal after talking to a satellite company. I talked to the business office-not the receptionist. World of difference.
 For Internet only.

Jefferson Telephone Company                              Exceed Satellite
Hook up fee- $99 one time                                   $49.95 one time
No Contract                                                           2 year contract
No data usage limits                                               10 GB Data limit
Monthly fee-$57.95                                                $59.95
Vacation fee-Disconnect and reconnect                   $20 a month
is cheaper. ($35.00 on return)
There are other one time fees of
$15 for Netins connection and $79 for a
modem/router.

Being able to put it on vacation with only a $35 hook up cost when we return was the clincher. The unlimited data usage and no contract also were very appealing.
So when we get hooked up I will be happy to not have data usage concerns. It will be more like the connection we have in Texas.
I am happy to have this decision made.
If someone would like a Verizon MiFi apparatus let me know. We will not need it very soon.

No comments: