Thursday, May 16

Sick of it!

The molding came primed but still needed paint. so that is what I have been doing for two days now and we will soon be running out and need more! Butch assured me we would buy it locally so I do not even get the break of sitting in the car to go 40 miles to pick it up. Such is life.
We are making great progress. The closet is done except for closety stuff like closet rods etc. Structurally it is done including all the molding and trim. Bathroom needs the vanity installed which is in a box in the kitchen area. Oh yes, Butch tells me the stool needs pulled and a new wax ring installed but he needs more help than I can give him to do it. When it comes to strength I am only half a person. I discovered water in the bathroom this morning shortly before my walk and woke him up to tell him. When I returned is when he told me he knew where the water was coming from. So our day started on a negative note and has been a bit of a theme for the day. Shortly after the water leak discovery the chop saw (Leo's ) quit and Butch discovered a broken belt. A new one has been ordered but we need a saw NOW. So as luck would have it I remembered that my good friend Colleen has one and she is back from Florida so we were able to borrow hers. There was bit of a "difference of opinion" between Butch and myself over one of the trim boards but no sense beating a dead horse so I will say no more about that. It has been rectified...sort of...or should I say wrecktified. No, I won't.
The bedroom is done except for baseboard moldings and a fair amount of the main room has trim and moldings in progress. Next up will be cabinets and vanity when our friend Russ can get here to help us. I think he said something about this weekend.
And I have supper on ...Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls...so all is good.

No comments: