Monday, May 27

And we are still waiting...

Russ said there may be a chance he would work today but still no sign of him.

Saturday I went to Nick's Bar and Grill in Clive Iowa with Pat and Donna for a J.I.G.S. gathering. There were 8 of us there and we had a very good time visiting and catching up. Next months gathering will be on June 29th at the Mexican Restaurant in Jefferson. The following month (July) I hope to be able to host a gathering in my new kitchen/living room. A few things must happen before I can but not many. I tentatively have my plans set for July 27th.

Butch just came in and said he talked to Russ and he will be here in a bit.

Today we have other issues as well. It rained over 4 inches during the night and our backyard is a lake. Not all of it is God Powered as our "neighbor" to the south has a sump pump in his basement with his discharge aimed at us. That will be a-changing I say with conviction. So we currently have to wade through 4-6 inches of water to get from the motorhome to the house and vice-versa. So for now sleeping in the house and  cooking in the motorhome is not working very well. Butch is currently at Bomgaars seeing if a sump pump purchase is feasible and I have evil thoughts of seeing ours pumped into the neighbors basement. Right back at ya "friendly neighbor".

 In this photo below you can see the running water at the corner of the garage.
 Neighbors house in the picture below. Beneath the window a ditch is visible and that is where the water from their basement is gushing out and down the hill to our house.
 Here is a closeup of the ditch and the water gushing out. Water expelled from their place last summer during a drought so you can imagine what it will do now.

2 comments:

Terry Linder said...

Sounds like you are getting close. I hope the water issued got solved.

Terry Linder said...

Sounds like you are getting close. I hope the water issued got solved.