Tuesday, January 8

Winter time mode

We are in a winter state of mind; wearing blue jeans and sweaters, making cold weather meals like chili and ham and beans. The good news is that winter doesn't last long here and we soon will be back to a summer state of mind. A little taste of winter isn't a bad thing, only different. For those who have just arrived it never seems fair but if they can stay long enough they too will return to the north with a sun-kissed face and a warm heart.
Regardless of the weather we are still getting in our 2 miles a day of walking and sticking with South Beach eating practices. Butch is only about an inch from his goal. I think that transfers to 2 or 3 pounds. I have 13 to go having lost 22. It still seems like the right thing to do and the results are gratifying. The list of things I can do easier now continues to grow and that is what keeps me on the right track. I know the hard part is still ahead and that is keeping it off. I quit smoking  29 years ago and still label it as one of the most difficult things to do. Many of the mindsets I used to accomplish that goal will be what I use now to keep off the weight. My doctor wanted to start me on cholesterol medication last summer and I said I wanted to try diet first. So that will be part of my consideration as I get further into the hard part of controlling my weight in the future.

No comments: