Thursday, January 10

Missed me?

I haven't been doing a whole lot except association presidential duties, a little house cleaning and laundry, walking 2 miles a day and catching up on some crafting.
The pool hall scotch doubles competition started tonight with a new format. Butch and I are both participating. Every time I do this I alternate between feeling I should play more and feeling I should play less or not at all. I cannot play with Butch as he is out of my league. He would be humoring me if he played with me. I am never in the mood to be humored nor am I one to go practice alone. So a ready solution is not apparent to me. Most likely I will plug along as I have been not playing much and doing my best not to embarrass myself on Thursday evenings.
The sunshine has returned at least for a few days. They do say another cold front is on the way come Tuesday or Wednesday of the coming week. We will enjoy and appreciate the sun and warm while it is here. It is winter even here after all.

Last Sunday we went to The Riverside over in Mission Texas, a restaurant and dance hall along the Rio Grande River. It is a favorite of  our friends Donn and Peggy Gordon who go there every Sunday after church for a tenderloin. It is one of the few places you can find a good tenderloin in the Rio Grande Valley.

The picture below is in the dance hall. The band was very good.


This is the courtyard right on the river. Chimney RV Park is in the background. In the past there has been quite a bit of illegal alien and drug cartel activity in this area but that does not seem to be the case this season. The hotspots are always changing.

No comments: