Monday, December 24

Christmas Eve 2012

Smileycons! From our sunny South Texas home to yours. I am perspiring as I write this and it takes a pretty good imagination for it to feel like Christmas. Do I miss being with the "kids" for Christmas?  The truth of the matter is the answer is a big old "YES". Some years more than others. Perhaps because it has been so many years away from them at this time of year. We try to make up for it in the warmer months but that can be hard too. We all lead such busy lives. I do look for it to get better. Our home in Jefferson is being built around a big expandable round table where we can all gather in one place at one time. That has been in my mind from the inception of the whole idea. So my hope is that we can have all of our celebrations rolled into one big one in the summer when we can all gather together. As always I feel that you keep up with us throughout the year through this blog. For many years I wrote a Christmas letter and mailed out nearly a hundred of them. In 2002 I started this blog and a couple of years after that I decided that most of you, if you had an interest, knew what we were doing, sometimes every day! The only negative to that is I may not hear from you and know what you are doing. So if you are so inclined let us know what you are up to wherever you may be. So we hope your Christmas is everything you want it to be this year and every year. Merry Christmas ya'all!!

No comments: