Saturday, November 17

Printer frustration

A year ago I bought a Lexmark printer. I have not been happy with it. I had troubles right off the bat and called them within a month of purchase. They sent me a new one and it seemed to work okay. Let's say I could fiddle with it and get it to work. It seemed that whenever I tried to use it it was a new issue. I didn't have much need to use it while in Jefferson and working on the house but just before we left I wanted to print out our google map instructions and ran into Lexmark hell one more time. The message on the printer was that I needed a new printer head. A NEW PRINTER HEAD!!! I had not used it enough to need a new printer head. The instruction manual instructed me on how to clean it and gave me things to try to get it to work. I followed the instructions but gave up and figured I would tackle the problem when I got here.
Today was the day. I tried a few things but got the same message so I called Lexmark. I told them my tale of woe and said if the darn thing was beyond fixing I was going to sell the expensive ink cartridges on EBay and throw the damn thing out. He said, "I can help you today.What is the message you receive?" I said "The printer head needs replaced." He said, " No problem. The engineers say the printer head on your model is no good and we will send you a new one." So just that quick my problem is solved. Yes, yes, I know it may not be solved but his answer did a whole lot to cool my jets. They are even sending me replacement ink cartridges. The story may not be over so stay tuned but for right now we are all good.

No comments: