Tuesday, September 18

Paint

Started painting Sunday- Took all day but we painted almost all of the ceilings-hate ceilings. Actually I ran out of ceiling paint and we still needed to do the breezeway. Butch spelled me for a bit on the main room and he is more generous with paint than I. Maybe that was the reason but maybe my calculations were off. Who knows. So off to the store first thing Monday -purchased more ceiling paint and finished the ceiling in the breezeway. Friend Colleen has been helping us. Her talent is 'cutting in', the tedious business of going around the edges in a straight line. She is very good at it.  At this writing the cutting in is finished- the bathroom and the breezeway are painted and we have high hopes of finishing today....maybe.
Keri, bless her heart, has been preparing delicious and greatly appreciated meals. It is so wonderful to have a meal all prepared when you are so stiff, sore and tired every movement is an effort. I have not worked this hard since detasseling corn with my sister Jayne when I was in my forties. Really? Maybe I should do it more often than every 20 plus years!
I have the time to write this morning because we skipped our morning walk. We did so because it is COLD. 40 degrees. My muscles are already in a state without adding cold to the mix. My plan was to post a headline that said "Gone Painting" and skip writing and if you see that tomorrow you will know we are not  done.
It is looking good! Pictures soon, I promise!

No comments: