Friday, August 3

Holding Pattern

We are in the midst of a holding pattern. Butch's knowledgeable assistant, Russ has a granddaughter getting married in the next few days so he is temporarily unavailable to assist Butch with the installation of 3 exterior doors. 90% of everything else needing done before insulation has been completed. We have Alliant Energy coming to do an energy audit on August 8th to see how much they will reimburse us for going green with our choices. Their assessment is necessary PRIOR to the insulation job. Cannot schedule the insulation job until the energy audit is done although the insulation people are lined up awaiting a "GO" word from us. Thus the holding pattern.
Last year when friend Mickey sold her house in Clive and moved to Minnesota she asked me if I would like a plant from her yard called Lungwort. The feature of this plant is that it has both pink and blue flowers simultaneously. The foliage is also a pretty mottled green and white. I was undecided where to place it last year and almost waited too long before deciding but it did get planted and looked fairly decent. Then this Spring it was run over by a lawnmower tire. I was incensed. So I placed some cement blocks nearby to protect it. Then I mulched around it and watered it regularly. Let's face it, this summer has not been kind to any form of plant life. Then came the Japanese Beetles that thought Lungwort was the best food since sliced bread. So I purchased some Japanese Beetle killer and once again snatched the plant from the jaws of death. So through all this trauma the poor thing has not thrived. This morning when I went out for the morning plant inspection the lungwort had a companion so I snapped some photos of it and they can be seen below.



No comments: