Friday, June 22

Think I will make it

Yesterday was not a good day for me. My mouth hurt and throbbed throughout all of it so I finally broke down and went to the doctor.  Am on a different kind of antibiotic and today is better...or at least I think it is so far. It feels like I may be able to tolerate solid food later. We will see.

Wednesday I went to J.I.G.'s (Jefferson Iowa Girls) There were only five of us there but smaller is often better and I would say it was one of those times. It works better to be able to visit with everyone. If I had felt better I would have enjoyed it even more. The next one will be in the same place, The Corn Patch in Grimes Iowa on July 21st. I know our organizer Jayne reads this blog so I will take this opportunity to tell her that in visiting with people about the number who showed. you should consider it just one of those things. It really does not matter how many shows up as long as it is still enjoyable and it certainly was that. Circumstances can sometimes get in the way. When we have our house finished I plan to have a JIGS gathering and ask my sister-in-law Keri to cater it for us. I am really looking forward to it.

We had an answer to our Craigslist posting about the floor and a chiropractor from Ft Dodge who is renovating a house wants the oak flooring. He came last night and finished the bedroom floor and will return on Sunday to remove the remainder of it from the living room. I am so glad that worked out and that the oak flooring will find a new home.

Tuesday evening Butch and I went to Ogden to see my grandnephew, my deceased sis Jayne's grandson, play his last ball game of the season. These are  pictures of Devon. 

And here is a picture of Ethan with his mower from Father's day.


No comments: