Tuesday, June 5

Busy is as busy does

Butch and Bill are hard at it in the house and making some good progress. I need to get in there and take some pictures but I hate to get in the way. I will sneak in soon and do that.
Cousins Dick and JoAnn Jorgensen and their granddaughter Hannah came to Jefferson to get some grave pictures and that made a nice break in the afternoon. Hannah took some shutters off our hands for her own DIY project. She is starting young taking on projects.
Late afternoon we ventured uptown to the first farmers market of the season and there were lots of goodies to buy including a tasty homemade supper of hamburgers, mac salad, bars and a drink for $5. Can't beat it with a stick.
The weather has been super unless you are in the business of growing crops and then it is a bit more than scary as there isn't one shred of rain in the forecast and we are in dire need of moisture.
So I have fallen into somewhat of a routine. Walk with Colleen at 7:00 AM and then come home to do whatever else the day may hold, like laundry. I REALLY like getting that walk in early. it injects so much energy into the very best time of day.
Butch just told me....
I was supposed to go to a grandnephews ball game tonight and I remembered right up to 5:00 PM and then both Butch and I forgot!! Darn, darn and double darn!!  I didn't even remember late. Butch did. This getting old really sucks sometimes. Back in the day I would NEVER have forgotten. I used to pride myself on my memory. Well those days must be gone.

No comments: