Thursday, March 29

Run, Run, Run!

I have been extremely busy with park business this past month trying to get some things done before we take off mid April. Some of it has been spinning my wheels in frustration and I plan to remember those times when the nominating committee comes around to ask about re-election. Being president has been too much like a full time job of late. I am now seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and it looks mighty fine.

We want to get down to Padre again before we leave and maybe do some other touristy things as well.

Butch washed the roof of our little home yesterday and halfway through a cane field burn started giving off what we call "Texas Snow", the black charred bits of cane leaf that drift wherever the wind takes it. And the wind took it onto a freshly washed roof.  Butch said,"&*%  *!%* so and so's. " Or something like that. He waited a bit for it to quit snowing and then resumed his work. So he too has had a bit of frustration.
I also have some cleaning I want to get done in the next couple of weeks before departure. I have had some time to work on bracelets. I have done 3 chunky's in the past week and that tells you two things; there is nothing on TV to watch and I do get to sit down come evening. We are still listening to audio books, still listening to "Catching Fire"  and look forward to "Mockingjay" , the second and third books of  "The Hunger Games " trilogy.
Later...

No comments: