Sunday, November 27

El Dorado

Last night Toomire's and Brooker's went to the El Dorado for supper. It was good but perhaps not quite as good as I remembered it to be. I ordered a taco salad with fajita chicken. What that means is a regular taco salad but the chicken in it is prepared in the same manner as their fajitas. They are usually quite good but this time I am not sure the cook understood what I wanted. Butch had chicken quesadillas as did Bob. Kitti had sour cream enchiladas. She said they went a little overboard on the sour cream. There is a new El Dorado in Weslaco across the street south from the H.E.B. It is affiliated with the Alamo restaurant we were in last night and they have been open about a month. We plan to give it a try. It is much closer for us.

Yesterday we set up a fantastic light. They were popular in the seventies. My mother purchased one and enjoyed it for awhile and the gave it to Scott and Myrla. I told Myrla I would like to borrow it sometime and she agreed so this year it will be our Christmas tree. I plan to keep it going past Christmas too as I really like it. It is a fibre optic light but a special one as they do not make them like this one anymore. I know because I have looked for years. You can sometimes find them on ebay but they want a bundle for them.
I took several pictures of the light as it changed colors.







No comments: