Wednesday, September 28

MRI -No surprises

They called Butch after his MRI with preliminary results. He has a bulging (herniated) disc and a pinched nerve. After going through this two times previously he had that figured out. He has an appointment on Oct 3rd in Ames with Dr Brandenberg (sp?). So for now you know as much as we do. It will all boil down to timing and healing as to when we head south.
Concerning the house,we have things wrapped up and stored for the winter as much as we can. There will be a few more things to take care of but cannot do much more until departure is imminent.

Other things: Neighbor Bill across the street gave me some iris. He says they are a pretty blue color and very large. If any of you would like to share them with me I will be happy to do so. I have a big box full. Bill tells me there is no hurry getting them in the ground and it could even wait till spring. With some nice days coming up I might get some of them planted yet this fall. Leo calls them old lady flowers. I can wait...they will come back into fashion someday.
Butch and I walked up to the last Farmer's Market for the season. I delivered a bracelet to a customer and we enjoyed a chili supper provided by the Central Christian Church. It was very good. On the way home we came by an apartment house where a young mother of 4 was trying to ride herd of her young'uns. The oldest 3 were boys and the youngest was a girl and still in diapers. She walked up to me with her arms extended and saying, "Gramma".  She acknowledged Butch and I as a couple because she called him "Grandpa" too. I picked her up. She would have come home with us in a heartbeat. She was a cheerful little thing and pretty too. Her brothers were pretty darn cute as well.
I like the show American Picker Sisters. It is normally on  Lifetime channel Tuesday at 9 PM. It wasn't on last night. Bummed me out. I hope it was a one time thing.
Butch and I got a two mile walk in yesterday. Yes, he can walk. As long as he stays medicated he can do almost anything but use a shovel or spade. We planned a bike ride today. I plan to take my camera because the leaf color is about to get as good as it gets here. Sorry Iowa, when it comes to leaf color you cannot hold a candle to upper Michigan.
later...

No comments: