Friday, September 30

Just Hangin'

We are doing some fall housecleaning of the motorhome. Going through some things trying to decide what to leave here to lighten our load. We have carried lots of things around simply because we didn't have a place to leave them and we might need it sometime. So we are leaving some things here and hopefully we will not need it till next summer whatever it might be.
Butch says his back feels better while he is walking so we took a nice long walk this morning. Trouble is we do have to stop sometime but maybe we can get another walk in later today.
There are several very beautiful fully colored trees in Jefferson right now. The difference between here and Michigan I am told is the variety of trees. There is a wider range of different varieties thus the wider range of colors in northern Michigan.
Yesterday the wind blew "like sixty" as my grandma used to say whenever anything was going really fast. But literally at times the wind was in excess of 60mph. The smarter farmers stayed out of the fields because of it. Combine fires are always a danger in the fall due to the dry weather suitable for combining corn and soybeans, but then you add the wind and the danger increases considerably. There were lots of field fires yesterday and this kept the firemen as well as the farmers very busy. As far as I know no lives were lost but lots of crops were.
I am taking this down time to catch up on my bracelet making. I have finished 4 and have 9 to go. I hope to stockpile over the winter to give me a head start on next summer. Friends in the valley are mostly beaders rather than buyers so they make their own. I have been so busy making the 3 or 4 most popular styles that I have not been able to branch out with some imagination. I am really itching to do that. Lots of new ideas and color combos swimming around in my head.
Till next time...

No comments: