Monday, September 5

Laboring on Labor Day

I have cleaned house and caught up on laundry while Butch is still laboring away on the west side storm door in the breezeway. We are in a bit of a push as we would like to get things tied up a bit before going to the Clay County Fair next Thursday. We really like the Clay County Fair. It has most of what the state fair has but it is so much easier to get around. I have a few photography entries, thanks to my friend Norma Cooklin who takes them to the fair before the deadline. We will be meeting up with the Cooklins and the Cleavelands when we get there. We have heard that Jefferson friends Bert and Everett Beebe will also be there. Keri is bailing me out again by preparing Crockpot Pizza for me to take for a joint meal contribution. I am so lucky.
Yesterday we went to breakfast with Leo and grandniece Anna Kelley who stopped by for a visit. She is new to college and was finding it lonely on campus as most of the students do not stick around for the holiday. She needed to stay due to a work study program she is in. But the distance to Jefferson was close enough to get back to campus before she needed to be there. We had a great breakfast and a nice visit.

I have been hot and heavy on bracelet making finishing about one a day. I took some photos of them yesterday but only one was worth keeping. This is the brides bracelet.

No comments: