Tuesday, July 19

Walking

Went for a walk before 7:00 AM the last two mornings. It was 80 degrees both days. But if I am going to get a walk in, it has to be then or nothing. I do not deal well with this kind of heat. I took a picture of the depot which serves as the trailhead for the Raccoon River Valley Trail. Light makes all the difference in taking pictures and the morning light served well for this photo.


We have stopped work on the house because of the heat. The good news is I can get some bracelets done and I am way behind on them.  I am not overly proud of this bracelet. It is my first attempt at odd-count peyote. The design possibilities are greater but if you make a mistake too far back it is either live with it or give up on it. We say that when you make a mistake in peyote it is the Indian spirit in the bracelet. This one has the most Indian Spirit of any bracelet I have ever made. I have started adding "Indian Spirit" to every bracelet I make sort of as a trademark. That part is fun.


Butch is off to physical therapy. He says he thinks it may be helping his back. That and the layoff from work due to the heat is most likely helping too. The boy gets bored very easily so it is hard to get him to slow down. Tomorrow he gets to drive the moho to Webster City RV. That will cheer him up! We have been doing okay with one air conditioner. Just between you and me I haven't minded one bit. With two it often gets too cold for me.

No comments: