Tuesday, July 26

Something I noticed

I went for a walk this morning. Tried to beat the heat but failed. I decided to walk the route I always took home from school just for old times sake. There is a little old lady (not me) who walks all over town. I have seen her everywhere. She walks to Fareway to get her groceries even. I have seen her many times with a filled grocery bag in each hand. She wears slacks, a long sleeved shirt tucked in and a bucket hat. Sensible shoes of course. Today I saw her pushing a grocery cart and she was a long way from Fareway. It gave me pause for thought...Did she actually abscond with it?...Did she ask permission? ...Does she plan to take it back tomorrow? I went on with my walk deciding to go to Pamida which is about a block or so from Fareway. After I shopped I headed back toward town and who did I see but Maggie- gotta give her a name- and she was coming away from Fareway without the cart! That little ol' gal- Maggie had walked all the way out to Fareway, purchased her groceries, walked all the way home pushing the cart, unloaded her groceries and then returned the cart. She made the trip twice! I do not know where she lives but it is farther than we live from Fareway. From our house it is at least a mile I am guessing. I was impressed. And for those who might wonder she is very slim and trim. I am impressed!

No comments: