Monday, May 30

Big Day

I put the topcoat on the garage door. I am really loving it and it looks almost like a new door. Bill and Jo Brooker came to help us with furnace and AC issues. Jo and I visited while Butch and Bill worked. We had lunch here. Keri baked bars that were scrumptious and I ate way too many...but thanks, Keri. Later Leo stopped by to help us get some dirt moved. Butch's back has been hurting so this was a BIG help too
I had made carrot burgers so we went to Leo and Keri's where Butch grilled the burgers. Keri and I both had made sides to go with the meat and it all was delicious. I tried my oven that is in the garage that came with the house. The lady who lived here before going to the nursing home (Bessie Murphy) was known as a really good cook. She was a cook in several restaurants around town in her younger years. I am telling you her oven has not lost its touch. I made a broccoli casserole (Thanks Kay) and it turned out all brown and bubbly on top. It looked as good as it tasted. I am going to like that oven in the garage. It will be a big help to my culinary skills. I am sure Bessie had to put her special touch on her stove.
It was a very good day despite the wind.
Last year at this time we had just arrived in Michigan. We will always treasure that summer at Thunder Bay Golf and RV resort. It will forever remain special as will the 3 we spent prior to that at Snow Mountain Ranch YMCA of the Rockies. We made alot of friends in both places. Treasures all.

No comments: