Wednesday, April 20

Went to Atlantic plus

We went to Atlantic yesterday. Butch had an eye appointment. All is well. His pressure in both eyes was excellent so no more of those expensive eye drops. I shopped a bit at Schwesers and purchased a couple of new tops. Then got my haircut followed by lunch at The Farmers Kitchen with old friend and former co-worker Connie Jones and her mother Sharon Rieber. We visited for a good long time and it was fun and long overdue.
In between I tried to do some of Bob's business but what I found out is that once he was having his bills paid by the state, the state does not want my help. I was trying to get his last bill at the funeral home paid for with the pittance he had in his checking account but the state says it is theirs and they will decide if the funeral home gets it. At least that is the story at the bank. They would not let the funds loose to pay the funeral home. Bottom line? I am out of it. All the way out of it. The funeral home is on its own to see if they can get paid.
So all of our friends we did not have time to see can blame Bob. Why not? I would! Heehee.

On the way home we stopped at Marv and Judi Smith's place in Yale Iowa. We visited for a good long time and it was long overdue. Smileycons!
When we left there we stopped in Jamaica IA for one of their famous tenderloins at ToJo's. I must say it was worth the detour. Butch and I shared a tenderloin and it was plenty for both of us. It was the kind of tenderloin I like. I am not much for the thin and crispy ones. I like the ones that have some meat in them. This was one I would look forward to enjoying again.
Twas a very busy and full day.
I forgot to mention that when we left Jefferson in the morning headed for Atlantic it was snowing, slushy and slick on the highway. Slow going for awhile. We did drive out of it about 10 miles south of town, thank God.
A touch of color in an Iowa Spring- Trust me- They need it!!

No comments: