Monday, April 18

Details

I have been taking care of details. As executor of Bob's estate I have crap...excuse me...stuff... to take care of such as an AARP magazine subscription that does not expire until August of 2015. I attempted to do that online. We shall see if that works. I also know he has a Playboy subscription but since they come under cover I do not have the mailing label that would give me the info. Have to wait on that one and pay to have it forwarded before I will have access to it. And that most likely is just the beginning. It is all small stuff, extremely small stuff. It is just a matter of remembering it all. I found about 4 Christmas cards with return addresses on them so I plan to compose a letter informing them of Bob's passing and send it out. But now that I do not have my friend Kay handy to help me I will have to get a printer bought. It might be easier to just write it out by hand since it is only four of them. Kay is grinning when she reads this.

We worked at the house yesterday. Butch worked underneath getting the plumbing straightened out and pulling lines that will not be working. I worked in the garage going through Bob's stuff to see if there was anything that needed my attention and throwing out the rest. Jefferson is having a free junk pickup day and people are hauling all their accumulated junk to the curb. Other people in pickups are scanning all the neighborhoods and seeing if there is anything worth "picking". We have seen quite a bit of stuff disappear from yards. Redistribution of the wealth. Gotta love it!
So the plan now in week two is to see if we can locate some people to assist us in what we have to do getting set up for the motorhome in the backyard. The weather has been a bit of a factor too as we did have a bucket load of rain. You would think these fellas would get in touch with us since it was raining so hard they could not do their other work. I am sure they would tell me they too had indoor stuff to catch up with. Hmmm... We must be a low priority.

Oh nearly forgot. I went to the local telephone and internet people to see if setting up Internet through them would be more profitable than Verizon. Seems not. It would be nearly $200 to get set up and then I would pay $10 more a month than I pay now plus to put it on vacation they only charge you half! So all winter while in Texas I would pay $35 dollars even though I would not be using it at all whereby I pay $5.00 a month now to do that with Verizon. So we are staying with Verizon and by dropping it down to a 5GB account from an unlimited account I can save $10 a month.We were grandfathered in on the unlimited because they no longer offer that one. My past usage said I only exceeded 5GB one time in the last 2 years. That would have cost me an extra $10 is all if I had been on this plan at that time. And we will now have MyWiFi so Butch and I can both be on at the same time. So now that we have to be home to receive our FedEx from Verizon Butch is off taking care of details.

One of the things he plans to do is see if we can change our residency to Iowa advantageously. I sent him off with a list of current costs for license renewal, insurance and taxes. If we stay with South Dakota we are not eligible for homestead exemption in Iowa. Personally I do not think it will pencil out but I have been fooled before. Our vehicle license renewal is less than $500 for both motorhome and car in South Dakota. Insurance on both is less than $1500 a year. Butch thinks that by changing the Motorhome to a recreational vehicle instead of a home it will change the amount of insurance. Not sure on that one. We do have a choice so it will be interesting to see which way that goes. A few years ago we moved from Montana to South Dakota while sitting in Colorado. This would be moving from South Dakota to Iowa while sitting in Iowa..maybe.

So now I must get back to laundry. Butch hooked up to Leo's water for now. We can go a week comfortably on a full water tank but past that is very iffy. Still hoping to move into town soon.

No comments: