Friday, December 10

Reflection

One of the advantages of the lifestyle we lead is that we make new friends all over the country. And not merely casual friends but really good ones who we have an interest in their lives and they in ours.
One of the disadvantages to the lifestyle we lead is that we make really good friends all over the country and even with the Internet it is still a challenge to stay an active part in all our friends lives. Someones name will pop in my head and I will think,"My, it has been a really long time since I have heard from them. I wonder how things are with them."  I have the intention of sending them a personal email or a phone call but then the hustle and bustle of a busy life gets in the way. I know this happens for them as well. I am not complaining. I know those friends are out there and that we could pick up that friendship at the drop of a hat but this morning I want all of you to know that you are in our thoughts and more than you might imagine. When Butch and I go on our walk  during our conversation a name will come up and we will reminisce about our friendship or a funny incident that happened with them.
 And sometimes I slip up and miss birthdays...like Bev Gundersons was yesterday. Sorry Bev...but I did think of you!
I guess that is my point this morning. We do care...and we do remember.
Smileycons!

No comments: