Friday, June 18

Raccoon River Valley Trail

I was browsing for Michigan trails and clicked on Iowa. Became a bit nostalgic and decided to share this link with you. http://www.traillink.com/viewtrail.aspx?AcctID=6015658 It is a wonderful trail and one of the reasons we are looking at Jefferson Iowa as a place to settle in a bit...as much as we settle in anywhere.

I have been on my walk already today. I didn't take my camera and I regret that nearly every time. I always seem to run across something that catches my eye. Today it was the ferns that grow abundantly here. They make a natural wreath surrounding the base of many evergreens and when the light hits them just right it is extremely beautiful as the lighter green of the delicate ferns contrasts with the darker color of the evergreens. A missed opportunity because even though you think you can capture that shot later it is never exactly the same. Each moment in time is as unique as our fingerprints.
Not taken this morning but beautiful all the same.

No comments: