Wednesday, October 1

Colleen's House





Colleen is an artist and also my friend. Colleen's sister, Denise and I were classmates and we are friends too. A few years ago Colleen and her husband Jim and Butch and I got together partially because they were full timers for a few years and Jim shared a love of golf with Butch. And you know how sometimes you just click with someone?- well, Colleen and I clicked. Since that first meeting, Jim became ill and has passed. Just this past summer. So my friend Colleen is tangling with all the pain of that. Fortunately she has an abundance of friends to help her and I consider myself lucky to be among them.
I have admired Colleen's house from the first time I saw it. Some people have a special flare in making a space all their own. So the pictures in this album are a very small part of what she has done. All the art work is hers. This album is primarily of her bathroom and kitchen floors. She placed and painted her artwork on the floor then coated it with resin.

No comments: