Saturday, October 20

Unbelievable!!

Those who know me well are not going to believe this one. We are still in Carthage and the Maple Leaf Festival was this weekend. The parade started at nine this morning and we were told it was a biggie...3 hours long! So Butch got up early and that in itself is somewhat unbelievable because no golf was involved. At 8:15 am we headed into Carthage. All three exits off 71 hwy were full of cars trying to get to the parade route and we were one of them . We finally made our way to a parking spot on a residential street near the corner of Orner and Sycamore. I left my purse at home and took my camera and we also had a couple of lightweight lawnchairs with us. We walked six city blocks to the parade route and settled in for the parade that started in a very few minutes with the Budweiser Clydesdales. I get my camera ready and the batteries are DEAD!!!! Not just a little dead...but completely DEAD!!!
I haven't taken many pictures since we arrived in Carthage but I know it hasn't been very long since I changed batteries. At least I didn't think it had been....
It was one of the best parades I have ever seen and I missed many great shots. Darn, darn and doubledarn!!

No comments: