Monday, October 15

Map thing


Okay...if I were just beginning to post on the 'net about our adventures I would probably stick with www.mytripjournal.com but the general consensus from others is that the blog is best and no one has time to check out both. So this will be the site of choice. Thanks to all who helped with the experience.
I did like the map feature but it occurred to me that I could do that on my own. I was also hoping that only those who wanted an update notification would get it because they would need to sign up for it indicating the desire to have it. I do not want to be an unwanted intrusion in anyones inbox. I know my messages are sometimes perceived as spam because I send to so many people at once. I am now up to 4 groups that I send to. One has the maximum of 75 email addresses. The smallest group has about 15. I try to sort them out by interest or area and sometimes there is an overlap. So if you receive two notices of an update from me most likely you are on two of my lists. The sorting gets to be a bit complex at times.

So on to other things...we are waiting for parts. Heard that one before? Our door has a catch latch on it that holds it open. In Iowa the wind caught the door and broke the latch. To repair takes a whole new mechanism. Waiting for that part...then the canvas over the slide out is shot so we are waiting for that too. Then the Diamondshield guy is playing hard to get. Diamondshield is the plastic coating that goes over the front of the RV. The body work and paint job are finished and look great. In the past we have tired of waiting for this or that so we moved on with the plan to return. This time we are determined to wait it out and have it all done before we move on. There will always be small things that need attention and that is the reason we bought an extended warranty. Even if nothing more needs fixed it is cheap insurance in case the washer or dryer or even the fridge decide to go belly up.
So stay tuned for further developments and this will be the place to stay up on the latest with Butch and Barb.

No comments: