Wednesday, September 21

This day ranks right up there with El Campo! (See blog archives for November 2004) I let the GPS choose the route and I failed to set it for primary roads only. We ended up on a gravel road for about 10-15 miles and a little more than cowpath, bumpy, narrow, blacktop(?) for another 10- 15. I was fit to be tied and you can imagine what Butch was thinking. I must say he kept his mouth shut but he didn't have to say anything ...I knew. So now we are in the Escapees Park in Pahrump and I have a WiFi connection and our fee for the next week is $80 and yup that is a good fee. I am so very grateful that this trip has ended for a week and you can surely bet that I will be more careful in the future. A GPS is great when they work right but a pretty rotten experience when they do not!
Oh! and Carson City did have a thunderstorm and rain about 11:30PM last night. Butch thought he might have a little trouble seeing well enough to wash the RV.
The Roadramblers
Currently in Pahrump Nevada

No comments: