Monday, June 6

Friday June 3rd Yesterday Butch went to Des Moines with Bill Gunderson who was working a big
time golf tournament(Allianz). So Bev came here with me and we ate at Angie's Tea Garden for lunch and then walked it off on the bike trail. We walked to the Raccoon
River bridge and back which is over 5 miles. Damn near killed me. Then we
went to the A & W for a tall root beer. We were real dummies and forgot to
take water with us so were very parched by the time we returned to the
depot. We had fun.

I have been fighting a blocked salivary gland so I am just finishing a round
of antibiotics and keeping my bottom teeth out most of the time. I am on the
mend but it has been a bummer! I like my food and the teeth out really slows
me down.

I am scheduled to man the depot at the Raccoon River Valley bike trail head on a volunteer basis for at least one day
(June 18th). It should be fun.

Gee, I guess I am busy!

No comments: