Thursday, January 29

Written Thursday, January 29, 2004
Full day yesterday. We rode 10 miles with the bike group. I tried something new for breakfast-machado and egg taco. Machado is like dried beef but not the dried beef we are familiar with; it is more like dried, shredded roast beef. Very tasty and I would not hesitate to order it again.
Nearly forgot to mention Tuesday. We went to Padre with Shipley’s and the other Brookers and spent the day beachcombing. Looked for sea glass, which is broken bits of glass that has been eroded by wind, sand and water. The edges are smooth and it has a frosted look. Bert found some but the rest of us were left looking. ;-) It was fun to look for it though. We enjoyed a pleasant day at the beach and I slept like a sack of sand that night.
See photos posted on Webshots.
After biking yesterday we went to Mexico. We wandered, shopped and made the annual purchases of medicine, vanilla and alcohol. Two little girls pointed to my camera so I snapped a photo of them. Some utility workers were setting a pole so of course we needed to record them for posterity and the guys up north. Wayne noticed the pole was off plumb after it was set but I am fairly certain plumb was not a priority.



Written 1/27/04(Tues.)
We were feeling sorry for all of you up north as we took our evening walk in short sleeved shirts and shorts. We are always aware of weather in other parts of the country. Those cold fronts do eventually make it down here and then we have daytime temps in the 60’s and nighttime temps in the 40’s.

I played golf with Butch last Sunday. It had been awhile since I last played and I played very well! It was the ShortShot Course and I tied Butch with a 66 on 18 holes. I beat him by 3 strokes on the front 9 and then we reversed that scenario on the back 9. It is always fun when it seems easy but unfortunately it is impossible for me to ‘make’ that happen.

Monday was the golf day for the guys. I haven’t heard scores but last night he said his plans were to go biking with me Wednesday so his frustration level must be high.

My friend Connie and her family have been in Florida this past week. I checked the weather there and it should have been a good week for them. She says the weather is always rainy when they take a vacation and if she had come to South Texas instead of Florida she would have been right!

No comments: