Monday, December 8

Monday, December 08, 2003
Butch is golfing today with Bob Toomire so this is the first time I have had some alone time since we left Arkansas. It is 72 degrees outdoors. I have walked a mile so far today. Stopped at the mailbox and mailed a letter to Bob Turnbull. Turned on the computer and checked email. I have a crockpot full of stew in progress. Life is good.

Yesterday Butch and I played golf at the ShortShot Golf Course. The longest hole on this 18-hole course is 97 yards so it is aptly named. We walked and I carried three clubs, a seven iron, pitching wedge and putter. This course is located about 5 miles west of us. It was fun and I assume we will play there again. Butch shot a 60 and I a 78. Once again I had trouble keeping my focus. This course has a website at http://www.shortshot18.com/
if you would like to check it out.

I need to make another trip to the Farmer’s Market for cabbage, carrots, celery, jicama, grapefruit and maybe an onion or two. I think I will wait till I have help to carry. We walk the quarter mile down there but if you miscalculate the amount you buy it can be a long walk home.

Our neighbor to the east, there is an open spot between us, is from Des Moines. She reminds me of Erma Lensch in build, looks etc. She drives her Class C Motor Home down here towing her car by herself. She had one of the local fellows who work in the park help guide her into her spot. Her car is pretty banged up on one side from prior misjudgements. It drove Butch nuts to watch the procedure so I told him to quit looking. I admire her spunk.

No comments: